The danger of foot drop is that it can increase your risk of tripping as the tow catches on the floor. It can be sensible to take precautions at home to reduce the risk of falls and injury:
- Keep all floors clear of clutter.
- Avoid loose rugs, electrical cords and other trip hazards
- Make sure rooms and stairways are well lit.
- Stick fluorescent tape on the top and bottom steps of stairways to remind you to prepare for them.
- Seek advice from a suitably qualified health professional on walking aids and exercises that may help keep you safe.