Ginger Apple Muffins
Published December 20, 2012 | Written by James Schend
Not only does the dried and crystallized ginger taste great in these quick-and-easy muffins, but they’re also an excellent anti-inflammatory, helping to ease arthritis pain.
Cooking tip: Arthritis-fighting food: ginger
|Serving size:||1 muffin|
|Calories per serving:||169|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1%|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar (or sugar-substitute granules)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup shredded apple
- ½ cup mashed, ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan or use paper liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together first six ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and next four ingredients. Stir in flour mixture just until incorporated. Fill muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.